Holy Crap, you guys. It’s almost the end of the year…or the end of the world if you’re even a wee bit susperstitious like me. I really hope that’s not going to happen because I still haven’t found a hair color I’m willing to die in.
Sooooo I know my blog is barely over a year old, but I’ve been shocked at how much readership I’ve gotten…I never knew so many people would actually want to look at my kitchen creations. I mean, geez, I put bacon in EVERYTHING. And my photography skills suck. And I eat weird animal parts. Ew. But, um, thanks? I love getting your comments, emails, and ideas for tweaks to recipes and brand new ones, too.
Or maybe you just like to send pics of my crazyness to friends and be all like, “Look what this Weirdo Crazy Biyatch did today!!” That’s OK, too.
So, anyway, I complied a list of my most popular recipes of the year based on both readership and feedback. And then because I thought a few didn’t get enough credit (I have weird tastes, I know), I’m giving you what I thought were my most underappreciated recipes. Show ’em some love, y’all.
**Top Ten of Twenty Twelve**
10. Pepperoni Pizza Pot Pie – everything about pizza baked into a dish of deliciousness, and who doesn’t like a pepperoni crust??
9. Cauliflower Mac & Cheese – because sometimes you just…NEED IT
8. Whatever-Nut Butter Cookies – another case of me throwing some random crap into a bowl and making something beautiful…this rarely happens and I’m still counting my lucky stars
7. Sweet & Spicy Meatballs – from my meatball phase, awesome as a quick meal
6. Crispy General’s Chicken – who needs takeout?
5. Plain ol’ Banana Bread – because sometimes the simplest things are the best…and it doesn’t hurt that it’s one of the few nut-free versions available
4. Cookie Dough Brownies – do I even need to explain why we love these?
3. Banana Pancakes – so easy, so good
2. 100% Paleo Cauliflower Pizza Crust – when I was sick of cookie-like almond crust but wanted a dairy-free alternative, you guys LOVED it
1. Avocado Brownies – one of my oldest recipes is STILL the top hit on the blog!
**TGIPaleo’s Most Underappreciated**
1. Sweet Potato Tots – just…please make these. Please?
2. Monument Chocolate Pie – based on the signature dessert from my favorite diner back in Texas. Just…so…perfect…
3. Fried Chicken and Waffles – still a staple in our house…my Southern roots run deep, y’all
And finally, I’d like a little feedback from you. In exchange for gifts, of course!!
To make sure TGIPaleo has an even better Twenty Thirteen, please tell me 1. What YOUR favorite recipe is on TGIPaleo and 2. What you’d like to see from me this next year! All you gotta do is leave a post in the comments. I’ll be announcing winners in on Wednesday, December 19. Two winners will recieve a very special treat from one of my favorite companies of all time–White Lion Baking Co. In exchange for helping me keep the blog going another year, I’ll send you your choice of one of their fantastic baking mixes in time for all of your holiday celebrations. Seriously, dudes, their baking mixes are fracking outstanding. Yes, FRACKING!
Can’t wait to hear your ideas! Good luck!